Improve your range of movement. Remove painful trigger points. Restore your muscles, health and vitality!
Myotherapy is a highly effective type of physical therapy. Our experienced Myotherapists are trained to assess, treat, and manage soft tissue pain and dysfunction, and every treatment is tailored to your body’s specific requirements.
Our Myotherapists are trained to care for and rehabilitate soft tissues injuries; from direct trauma and sporting injuries, to rehabilitation after surgery and everything in between.
Our Myotherapists also play a huge role in improving circulation, and maintaining range of movement to our wheel chair bound clients, post stroke care, and those living with MS, cerebral palsy, and motor neurone disease.
Mostly, our Myotherapists treat soft tissue overload or “Muscular Dysfunction”. The most common dysfunctions are a direct result of daily poor postures adopted while we work, eat, move and sleep!
Regular Myotherapy will:
- Reduced muscle tension by removing trigger points
- Promote healing of soft tissue by improving your circulation
- Remove swelling by stimulating your lymphatic system
- Increased range of movement by improving joint mobility
- Improve sleep by reducing the stress-inducing hormone cortisol
- Reduced anxiety and depression by releasing feel-good endorphins
Regular Myotherapy can help with the following common complaints:
- Headaches and migraines
- Stress and anxiety
- Stiff, aching neck
- Frozen shoulder
- Shoulder pain and/or weakness
- Tender hands, carpal tunnel, tight forearms and aching elbows
- Digestive problems
- Circulation problems
- Lymphatic drainage
- Hip/buttock pain and/or weakness
- Aching swollen knees
- Shin splints
- Disc injuries
- Lower back pain and stiffness
- Tight, painful achilles and/or calves
- Sore feet and plantar fascia issues
- Post injury pain/weakness (after plaster/slings/crutches)
- Post surgery pain/weakness (after prolonged bed rest/trauma/scar care)
Our Myotherapists will use a range of professional techniques allowing them to create a completely unique treatment to suit your body.
Treatments can involve one or many of the following:
Deep tissue massage. Sport specific massage. Pregnancy massage. Relaxation massage. Remedial massage. Trigger point therapy. Dry needles. Cupping. TENS. Soft tissue rehabilitation. Exercise prescription.
Not a KNOT
What you might call a “knot” in your muscle; is more often than not (pun intended) a Myofascial Trigger Point. A trigger point is a small patch of tightly contracted muscle fibres in spasm – sort of like a muscle cramp, but on a VERY small scale. This tiny contraction restricts blood flow, which irritates the fibres further, and the vicious cycle continues and the pain increases.
- Trigger points can cause pain directly.
- Trigger points can complicate already painful injuries.
- Trigger points can mimic other common body pain complaints.
Trigger points will commonly limit muscles strength and movement – our Myotherapists will use their palpation skills to identify and deactivate them using various soft tissue techniques and myofascial dry needling.
Pregnancy massage is a nurturing, and relieving treatment that can be incorporated into any pregnancy care plan. Relax as you lay face down in our specially designed Preggi-Pillow. This amazing pillow allows our mummies to decompress their spines, while baby is safely cradled in the contoured cushion below.
Pregnancy massage is safe throughout your entire pregnancy (even before you’re sure you’re pregnant). Pregnancy massage will:
- Reduce muscle pain, tension and swelling.
- Improve blood flow, mood, and sleep.
- Decrease stress and anxiety.
We also recommend a weekly Studio Pilates classes to compliment your Myotherapy treatments.
Please check out our Myotherapy Timetable to find a treatment time that suits you, and then click Book Now to place your booking. If you are new to SMAPS, make sure to complete the New Client form prior to your session!